Page 1 of 2
grass verges
Posted: Sat 17 Jun 2017 11:18 am
by Mel
Anyone know who is responsible for cutting the grass verges? Town, district or county council? Thanks.
Re: grass verges
Posted: Sun 18 Jun 2017 1:05 am
by Steve
Mel wrote:Anyone know who is responsible for cutting the grass verges? Town, district or county council? Thanks.
Where specifically?
I suspect it's District.
Re: grass verges
Posted: Sun 18 Jun 2017 5:47 am
by Mel
Lower Clabdens parts of it are 2 foot high
Re: grass verges
Posted: Sun 18 Jun 2017 6:00 am
by Mel
I've now reported it to the town council for a start and also on Fix My Street.
Re: grass verges
Posted: Sun 18 Jun 2017 6:51 am
by Matt40
Oddly I just thought it was ours. I have not noticed it that high in 10 years. Mine's starting to look like a wheat field.
Re: grass verges
Posted: Mon 19 Jun 2017 9:04 am
by Pat-H
go to save money Austerity and all that.
After all the Council only has something like £120 million in reserve. Tough times.
Re: grass verges
Posted: Tue 20 Jun 2017 6:34 am
by Mel
Well I heard back from the county via Fix My Street, Fault has been checked and is not dangerous ... well no it isn't obviously! Looking rather unkempt but the matter has now been referred to district as it is their responsibility. So wait and see what sort of response I get. I also emailed Ware Town Council and not even had the courtesy of a reply.
Re: grass verges
Posted: Wed 21 Jun 2017 6:37 am
by Mel
Wouldn't you know... they were cut yesterday and badly!
Re: grass verges
Posted: Wed 21 Jun 2017 8:24 am
by mb1
There are two reasons as I understand it, one good, one bad. The good one is that councils are being encouraged to use verges and grass spaces as areas to allow bees, insects and small creatures to flourish, which means not mowing everywhere down to nothing. The bad one is austerity and the Tory obsession with cutting the state to nothing. The council reserves are being built up in anticipation of more cuts to come each year for the next five years.
Re: grass verges
Posted: Wed 21 Jun 2017 11:11 am
by Mel
I never thought of bees, shame. I bet it is the cuts rather than thinking of the bees though!