Posted - 01 Oct 2009 : 00:12:14
| Just a quick notice to let you know that there is a Yahoo! Discussion Group on the web about all things “Wickham”.
The Group is for all Ex-Employees, Wickham Owners and anyone interested in all aspects of railway vehicles manufactured by D Wickham & Co. Ltd of Ware (Hertfordshire, UK), Wickham Rail Ltd of Suckley & Bishops Frome (Worcestershire, UK) and Wickham Rail Cars of Goodyear (Arizona, USA).
The Group’s aims are as follows:
1) To identify and document all surviving vehicles both in the UK and abroad and championing their continued survival, restoration, maintenance and use.
2) To act as a forum for discussing technical issues associated with restoring and running these vehicles and to co-ordinate requirements for spares, services etc.
3) To arrange with current owners for group visits to view and where possible ride on surviving vehicles.
4) To co-ordinate the search for all the remaining records, drawings and documents associated with the railway vehicles manufactured by the Company in it's various guises and hopefully in the future co-ordinating a national archive of such documents.
5) To assist current owners in finding suitable new owners for their vehicles if they are looking to dispose of them.
6) To assist in raising the awareness within the railway preservation world, of the historical importance of these vehicles.
The group can be found at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/WickhamofWare
Owner & Moderator