Shop on the corner of Bowling Rd / Star Street

News and views on businesses and commerce in Ware.
VicarageRoader

Shop on the corner of Bowling Rd / Star Street

Post by VicarageRoader »

Just gone passed the vacant shop on the corner of the new Sainsbury development and noticed that its going to be an Estate Agents.

This is excellent news as you can never have enough choice if you want to market your home.

A big plus for the town.
Blueboy

Re: Shop on the corner of Bowling Rd / Star Street

Post by Blueboy »

VicarageRoader wrote:Just gone passed the vacant shop on the corner of the new Sainsbury development and noticed that its going to be an Estate Agents.

This is excellent news as you can never have enough ......
Read this and assumed it was sarcasm but then again I don't live in Ware so maybe I have misread the situation. Someone want to enlighten me?
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Point taken, but if it is who I think it is then this will properly shake up a tired and increasingly artificially expensive model of property transfer.
Aardvaark

Post by Aardvaark »

I walked past this morning and Elliot Heath, Estate Agents look open for business. I looked online and, so far, they have only 6 properties for sale in Ware. But it's early days. I read their spiel - but there's no indication of why they will shake up the current model of property transfer. So what do you know that we don't Scottman? :D
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

Aren't we going to need more to sell the thousands of new houses.
Alec

Post by Alec »

A quick bit of googling finds this:
Elliot Heath... We are Elliot King and Rikki Heath who have worked together in the property industry for over fifteen years with the aspiration of one day owning our own agency that can stand out from the typical High Street estate agent.
Over the years spent working alongside each other we have gained each other’s trust and have formed a working relationship that has stood the test of time. Together we have over 32 years combined experience in the local market and have witnessed all types of market conditions gaining an invaluable and in depth knowledge of our industry.
Our aim is to build a reputation on trust and a quality of service second to none, to promote a professional image that we are proud of. We want to change people’s perceptions of estate agents. We don’t want to be seen as typical estate agents. We want to build a relationship with every client past or present where they can just call in for a chat or a cup of coffee. So if you're looking for any advice, then please do get in touch.
Scottman is right that Estate Agents do appear to be an unnecessarily and increasingly artificially expensive way to sell a house. I don't see anything in the above blurb to indicate that they will be any different from all the rest.

Just glad I haven't bought/sold property for about 20 years...
Steve

Post by Steve »

"We don’t want to be seen as typical estate agents. "

This line appears to be increasingly trotted out by new entrants to the market, obviously aware that estate agents have a bad rep and trying to make out they're different.
grk

Post by grk »

Good luck to them.Why not wish a new business good luck! If the truth be known, the biggest problem with Estate Agents is the Clients,whether you are an High Street Agent or Internet based. This comes from someone who had twenty years experience in Residential Agency,but thank fully no longer.