The Green Kingsway Green grocers closing

News and views on businesses and commerce in Ware.
Pat-H

The Green Kingsway Green grocers closing

Post by Pat-H »

Just heard that this weekend is the last opening of the green grocers on Kingsway.
Not enough trade to support the business.

real shame as we get our weekly fruit and veg shop from them so will have to look at alternatives. I'd hate to go back to the tastless supermarket fare.
ware_resident

Re: The Green Kingsway Green grocers closing

Post by ware_resident »

No need to trouble the supermarkets. There is a fruit and veg stall at the market on Tuesday's and Friday's.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

That's an option if you don't work full time.
We were lucky we had the Kingsway Green grocers deliver to us each week so we could still shop even when at work.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Pat-H wrote:That's an option if you don't work full time.
We were lucky we had the Kingsway Green grocers deliver to us each week so we could still shop even when at work.
I now go to Pearces on the A10, much better selection than Kingshill, much better than any of the supermarkets and open on Sat until 5 or 5:30. More petrol but hopefully keeping local businesses in business. If you want to go to the local market, Hertford has a veg stall on Saturday.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

We go to Pearces every now and then but it seems awfully expensive considering you go to them to buy. They have no distribution costs unlike the shops and stalls.
Good stuff granted but I'd guess a lucrative business. I'll stick to the stalls locally when I can.
kevin phillips bong

Post by kevin phillips bong »

First of all thanks Sandra n co. for serving me for over 20 years; oh so convenient next to the outstanding Picketts Butchers.

Yes, they were not the best but some of the normal stuff ie proper spuds, eggs, seasonal produce all spot on + sensibly priced. At least we still had a grocers as most towns around here don't have one. Pearces great but cannot get there, hertfords market over-priced and not much different to supermarkets (a bit like Ware's Tuesday veg guys who sometimes do the hertford one as well).
Best local market for veg by a country mile is Hoddesdons but sadly this is on Wednesdays.

I really am cheesed off by it and still trying to work out Ware to get my veg - Tesco/Asda 99p a pound for loose new spuds - taking the .... or what - I'm finding the bagged spuds so hit + miss.