Is this the end for WOL?

Contributions, adding your business or organisation, suggestions and feedback.
Pat-H

Is this the end for WOL?

Post by Pat-H »

I know this has been raised not that long ago.
What with facebook and all the other social media offerings has WOL finally had its day?

I have it up as a default tab but I've noticed that now the new topics or active topics shows no results. And hardly ever does.

WOL was mostly a small minority of voices with a much larger base of non contributors.

The smal minority has now almost gone and I suspect those that just popped in to read don't much any more.

Still it was useful for the time it had.
Barzey

Re: Is this the end for WOL?

Post by Barzey »

I hope not Pat, although we do get to see postings pop up when somebody wants people to know about a particular thing. I for one would never, ever have anything at all to do with 'Faceache' as its seems so boreing and the cause of many problems one way or another for its followers. Anyway should this old website be dropped completely then we will loose a lot of news from Ware ourselves and only be able to catch up on it when we visit. Its such a shame
Mel

Post by Mel »

I still 'pop in' and it's the first port of call if I need some info. At least it's polite on here not like 'spotted'!
jbond

Post by jbond »

Maybe it's time for a WOL group on Facebook?

Or should that be WOCF?
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

There are three, including this one, new threads this month and with the replies WOL is far from dead and as for WOL on FB the only way that would work is as a closed group and I have a couple of those and they work ok as they do not have all the other garbage that goes with FB.
Justme

Post by Justme »

I used to visit WOL on a daily basis but noticed that most of the links lead to an Error message. My main interest was the Webcam which is no longer available. I have without success contacted Hertfordshire Display and later Keith Ian to try and re establish it but the latter spoke of data protection.
.. It's a shame people are drawn to FACEBOOK at the detriment of this site. A sign of times, I suspect
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Andy B wrote:There are three, including this one, new threads this month and with the replies WOL is far from dead and as for WOL on FB the only way that would work is as a closed group and I have a couple of those and they work ok as they do not have all the other garbage that goes with FB.
Well you can't include this post really as it wouldn't have been posted if the traffic through the site was as it used to be.
I note the other 2 topics have had 0 replies.

I personally don't use facebook but I've recently starting using it for our District Scouting as it does reach a wide audience.
Steve

Post by Steve »

Pat-H wrote:I know this has been raised not that long ago.
What with facebook and all the other social media offerings has WOL finally had its day?

I have it up as a default tab but I've noticed that now the new topics or active topics shows no results. And hardly ever does.

WOL was mostly a small minority of voices with a much larger base of non contributors.

The smal minority has now almost gone and I suspect those that just popped in to read don't much any more.

Still it was useful for the time it had.
I think you mean WOLF (Ware Online Forum) as opposed to the wider Ware Online site (WOL).
Barzey

Post by Barzey »

Well, what has happened? There seems to be a bit of a change to the starting page. I hope that its all being resurrected :o
FurtiveBertie

Post by FurtiveBertie »

Well, that's new!

Very nice :D