New forum post frequency

Contributions, adding your business or organisation, suggestions and feedback.
FurtiveBertie

New forum post frequency

Post by FurtiveBertie »

I have just had a thought.

I post less frequently on the new forum than I did on the old forum, and I have notice other people post less frequently too.

I think I have identified the reason, certainly for me personally.

On the old forum, I used to remain logged in, so it was a quick 30 second task to make a quick comment on a post.

Now, on the new forum, because I appear in a list of people logged in to the forum, I do not remain logged in. This results in a significantly larger investment of time to make a forum post, and I often don't have the time, or can't be bothered to make the effort.

I just wondered whether this matches anyone else's thoughts and experience, and if so whether we could go back to the old "count only" system?

FB
craig

Re: New forum post frequency

Post by craig »

Hi FB.
I've you don't want people to see if you're online, switch the Hide my online status: to yes: in your user control panel.
I expect to see much more of you now on Ware Online.
Personally, I think many others post more on Facebook these days, but come back to WoL when a "hot Topic" comes along.
Facebook! - Ha - It'll never catch on. ;)
Steve

Post by Steve »

There is also a checkbox for Hide my online status on the login page. However, this only applies to the current login session. The UCP is the way to go if you want to permenently turn it off.

http://www.wareonline.co.uk/discussion/ucp.php
FurtiveBertie

Post by FurtiveBertie »

Found it, thanks!

You aint seen me... 8-)

FB