Rush Green bridge repairs

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
jasmine98

Rush Green bridge repairs

Post by jasmine98 »

Are we in for traffic chaos when bridge repairs with resultant closures and diversions start on January 8th next year. It certainly seems to be a big job.
mb1

Re: Rush Green bridge repairs

Post by mb1 »

Thrre's an electronic warning board up at the A10/Watton Road junction now. I'm guessing the disruption is going to be pretty bad mornings and evenings.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Here's what Hertfordshire Highways says about Rush Green:

http://www.hertsdirect.org/services/tra ... eenrefurb/

If you use the Hertford Junction of the A10, linking the A414 at Rush Green, or have friends or family who do, we’d like to let you know that there are essential repairs to the Interchange bridges, which form the roundabout over the A10.

The works will commence on Friday January 8th 2016 on part of the bridge. This will Rush Green Bridge Refurbishment 2require a full weekend closure over both bridges until Monday 11th January. A diversion route will be clearly sign posted for those affected. Another weekend closures may take place from January 15th 2016.

From Monday 18th January 2016 there will be 24 hour lane closures on the A10 in both North and South bound directions allowing works to take place safely behind a concrete protection barrier. These works have been deferred by one week to give customers further advance warning. The works will include the use of a high pressure water jetting demolition and concrete spray process which requires full encapsulation of the working area to ensure public safety. Improvements to the bridge will ensure structural stability and ensure this vital infrastructure remains suitable for use for approximately 60 more years without major maintenance.

Terry Douris, Cabinet Member for Highways, said: “While there is never a good time to do works of this nature, the bridge will soon be coming to a point where its safety might be compromised and we have a duty to make sure that all road users are safe. We appreciate that these road works are likely to cause disruption and inconvenience to motorists and we thank everyone for their co-operation and patience while the work is in progress. This £600,000 scheme forms part of Hertfordshire County Council's ongoing commitment to maintain and improve our roads.”

Where possible, we advise people to avoid this section of the A10/A414, plan ahead and allow extra time for their journeys as delays are expected as a result of these large-scale, essential works.
JudieT

Post by JudieT »

Pity - I was hoping they'd be improving the access to McDonald's so that the roundabout was not such a dangerous place to negotiate or attempt to get into the petrol station. I didn't realise the bridge itself was the problem.
John_D

Post by John_D »

JudieT wrote:Pity - I was hoping they'd be improving the access to McDonald's so that the roundabout was not such a dangerous place to negotiate or attempt to get into the petrol station. I didn't realise the bridge itself was the problem.
All that needs is a cross hatched area and a strategically placed camera to enforce it, after the first few dozen fines go out the idiots will stop blocking the roundabout ............. :twisted:
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Bridge repairs start tomorrow and the Rush Green roundabout is closed all weekend!
John_D

Post by John_D »

mb1 wrote:Bridge repairs start tomorrow and the Rush Green roundabout is closed all weekend!
The Rush Green roundabout was totally grid locked this morning, with the southbound A10 at a standstill, right across the flyover, back to the Ware A602 junction, without any closures. It will be chaotic when the bridge repairs start. :shock:
KateG28

Post by KateG28 »

JudieT wrote:Pity - I was hoping they'd be improving the access to McDonald's so that the roundabout was not such a dangerous place to negotiate or attempt to get into the petrol station. I didn't realise the bridge itself was the problem.
Last night as I was going round the roundabout, someone came out of the Macdonalds/petrol station entrance and turned right :o
I was in a rush and was going fairly briskly but luckily I saw him and thought he might do it so I was ready for it. Otherwise it could have been very nasty.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Oh wow!! Never had that happen! That takes a special level of stupid!
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

mb1 wrote:Oh wow!! Never had that happen! That takes a special level of stupid!
Lets be fair. Most of the users of McDonalds don't even understand the danger in blocking the road while they queue for what the perceive to be "food"
Frankly I think they do well to even drive a car! Going the right way may be asking too much.