Wengeo Lane and Chauncy field

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
John_D

Wengeo Lane and Chauncy field

Post by John_D »

Any one know what is happening to the land, recently sold I believe, that is bounded by Park Road and Wengeo lane and possibly contains the swimming pool/gym? I have heard a rumour that housing is proposed :(
A walk up Wengeo Lane revealed the Council notice below, the wording of which makes no sense as it has nothing to do with the A602, unless the impact of more housing, possibly with access from the North end of Wengeo Lane is being contemplated?

A larger detail showing just the map.

A walk further up Wengeo Lane shows that on another tree, directly opposite the entrance to Wengeo cottage, it would appear that a similar notice has been removed, as three identical grey cable ties are all that is left there. :?
Alec

Re: Wengeo Lane and Chauncy field

Post by Alec »

Can't read the letter, as it's too small, but I'dto hazard a guess that they require access for surveying purposes only, and that there's unregistered land there, so they have to post notices.

Sounds like an opportunity for a speculative land grab registration for the unscrupulous, mind!
John_D

Post by John_D »

This any better?
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Is wengeo Lane an adopted road? That might cause some confusion on ownership if not. The school grounds belong to the school.
John_D

Post by John_D »

But what possible effects can this have on the A602 improvements? (which appears to be the justification used for the survey) :?
FurtiveBertie

Post by FurtiveBertie »

Maybe they are going us Chauncy Playing Fields to build direct Access from the A10 to Asda?

FB
mb1

Post by mb1 »

With all the cuts to education budgets imposed by Michael Gove Dennis O'Sullivan is probably taking a few million to allow a flyover for the ASDA access!
Simes

Post by Simes »

I think there are two different stories here...

The land between Fanshawe Pool and Wengeo Lane/Trapstyles (the bit at the bottom of the slope) is being sold by Chauncy to fund the building of a new sports hall - see first paragraph of recent Chauncy newsletter here: http://www.thechauncyschool.co.uk/docum ... r%20P1.pdf

Looking at the notice and map images on here, it looks like HCC only need access for surveying - the road improvements will be along the existing A602. It's just a coincidence that the area includes the land sold by Chauncy - and also part of the school playing field that I don't think has been sold. I also find it hilarious that HCC can't identify owner of a school playing field!
Simes

Post by Simes »

Outline of the planned road improvements is here:
http://www.hertsdirect.org/services/tra ... /18425052/

Includes traffic lights and widening of the A10/A602 roundabout.
John_D

Post by John_D »

Simes wrote:Outline of the planned road improvements is here:
http://www.hertsdirect.org/services/tra ... /18425052/

Includes traffic lights and widening of the A10/A602 roundabout.
Interesting, but what has the bottom end of Wengeo lane got to do with any of that? It's not if it is accessible any more from Watton Road, it's nearly 30 years since you could drive down there from the Page Hill end to Park Road :roll: