101 New Homes for Crane Mead

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
The Masked Woler

Re: 101 New Homes for Crane Mead

Post by The Masked Woler »

Scottman wrote:A revision to a ratio of 1:1.12 eh? How fantastic. Great if you assume that everyone in the flats uses public transport to get to work. Ridiculous if you work it out that to afford either the mortgage (or the rent to a buy to let landlord who needs to cover their mortgage) there will be at least two people working to make the money each month.
And possibly two more renting the second bedroom. One car per flat ? Not realpolitik.
The plan for the old sorting office is 12 houses, 37 bedrooms and 8 parking spaces
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

and of course the land behind 39 High St (where Landseer Frames is) 6 houses, 14 bedrooms 6 parking spaces (plus one for visitors)
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Interesting that in Broxbourne the Council has increased car parking requirements to 2 cars per 2 bed, 3 cars per three bed apparently. Causing developers a real problem but surely that is a more realistic statement of how people live. There are so many new (and newish) estates just choked with cars half on pavements.
KateG28

Post by KateG28 »

And it is not only the cars within the household. If I ever visit someone on a newish estate, I struggle to park as the driveways are placed alternately leaving no place ot park unless it is opposite a drive

I admit that we have three cars between two of us (one each plus a classic, wrapped in cotton wool and cuddled regularly) but my son is 16 and when he wants to drive we will have another car in the household but luckily we can get 4 cars comfortably off the road.
craig

Post by craig »

KateG28 wrote:(...plus a classic, wrapped in cotton wool and cuddled regularly)
You have a classic? What you got - why didn't you come down to music and motors this year - perhaps you did? Would you like to join us next year?
Off topic I know... Sorry all. :roll:

Now, about those 101 homes for Crane Mead...
KateG28

Post by KateG28 »

craig wrote:
KateG28 wrote:(...plus a classic, wrapped in cotton wool and cuddled regularly)
You have a classic? What you got - why didn't you come down to music and motors this year - perhaps you did? Would you like to join us next year?
Off topic I know... Sorry all. :roll:

Now, about those 101 homes for Crane Mead...
3 reasons I didn't bring it down. It may be 25 years old and very rare (only 200 in the country) but years ago when I considered bringing it someone posted it was hardly a classic so since then I have kept it to myself. And to be fair, although I love it and it is kept in beautiful condition, there are some other participants who are much more deserving.

Secondly, my son and I row in Broxbourne on Saturday mornings and the timings would be awkward.

Thirdly, I had promised to help my partner do some deliveries from his shop which meant being in Stevenage before 5 p.m. My weekends are hectic...

By the way , it is a 1989 MR2 Mk1 Supercharger which is looked after by D J Motors, who are in Crane Mead, who are having some plans submitted...... (did you see what I did there?
Steve

Post by Steve »

KateG28 wrote: ... Secondly, my son and I row in Broxbourne on Saturday mornings and the timings would be awkward.
Maybe you should have a cooling off period
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

Pleased to note that its just been refused, reasons yet to be published
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Here's one news piece

http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/cen ... e-refused/

"Gladman Developments' scheme was dubbed by council officers as "unsustainable" and intrusive. A total of 485 letters of objection, along with a petition of 122 signatures, were received."
RCR1

Post by RCR1 »

To be clear, the Gladman's scheme was the Braughing one. However I and many others put their objections in so hopefully thats why only one member spoke for it.