50 more houses, is Park Road not busy enough ?

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
garymanchee

Re: 50 more houses, is Park Road not busy enough ?

Post by garymanchee »

mb1 wrote:4 3:16 pm
RichardH wrote:The "currently little used area next to the swimming pool" IS the bit they are proposing to build on - albeit houses rather than the sports hall. As far as I am aware, it has not been used by the school for sports for several years, if not longer - the secluded nature makes it difficult to supervise.

Disingenuous at best - although the school has not use the "area" you refer to themselves since mid 2012 they in fact rented it out to Ware lions youth football teams right up until they were kicked off by the school in 2012. Interestingly Chauncy school students helped with the ware lions coaching and in turn it aided their Duke of Edinburgh qualifications......

The school decided that this was obviously not community enough for them....

your comment about the "secluded nature" of the area being difficult to supervise is interesting also......we are still talking about the Chauncy school field not Helmand Province I presume? Ware Lions coaches and The older school student coaches managed it successfully so if I was one of those individuals I would be insulted by that comment matey
garymanchee

Post by garymanchee »

mb1 wrote:That misses the point completely. Its a major route into Ware and drops directly into the High Street, it is busy. The volume of traffic that is there has not noticeably increased with a substantially larger housing development than the one planned for park Road, that's the point. The traffic flow has not been affected at all.
No it doesn't at all - what you have in Star street is a "flow" of traffic both ways - into Ware or out to Harlow etc. the point being there is a flow of traffic. Park road is a dead end and the traffic does not flow at all at peak times - that is the point I am afraid
Ian

Post by Ian »

I see the planning application has gone in. Hopefully anyone who has commented here will also send comments in to EHDC planners.
Alec

Post by Alec »

Dennis O'Sullivan very bullish about the project at the Chauncy Presentation Evening last night.

And, to the starting comments in this thread, there was mention of possible traffic calming in Park Road, no indication of how that might be implemented.
andyc

Post by andyc »

In case you have not seen them, here are links to the two applications.

The housing application also includes the transport report.

School sports centre application:

http://online.eastherts.gov.uk/swiftlg/ ... ts%3C/a%3E

Network Housing application:
http://online.eastherts.gov.uk/swiftlg/ ... ts%3C/a%3E
John_D

Post by John_D »

Double yellow lines on both sides of Park Road (with a regular warden patrol) between the swimming pool entrance and Wengeo Lane would be a good starting point but would inevitably push the overflow parking into Trapstyle Road/The Brickfields and of course the swimming pool/school carpark :evil: Could actually do with the warden patrol now, might discourage the lorries parking on the lower part of Park Road on the double yellows and on the zig-zags near the school. :twisted:
andyc

Post by andyc »

Interestingly there were at least two couples at the public meetings, currently living in Trapstyles Flats who were interested in the house.

They live in flats but loved the area and wanted houses which are in very short demand.

John, the policing of the zigzags which is an endorsable offence!
Alec

Post by Alec »

John_D wrote:Double yellow lines on both sides of Park Road (with a regular warden patrol) between the swimming pool entrance and Wengeo Lane would be a good starting point
Be careful of wanting to clear the road entirely of parked vehicles! Sounds great, but remember, they're a form of traffic calming. A completely clear long straight road like that is likely to become more of a race track.

Granted - gridlocked congestion is at the other extreme, but the times we see that tend to be at school times when even double yellows would be ignored by many.
Barzey

Post by Barzey »

Does Ware now have Traffic Wardens again? Sorry for this but I have been away for a while now but still visit regularly.
andyc

Post by andyc »

I see them patrolling Church Street a lot ...

Think they may be scared of Park Road at school time!