Hertford Regional College - Ware Campus

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
mb1

Re: Hertford Regional College - Ware Campus

Post by mb1 »

Excellent post Masked WoLer.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Look on the bright side......half of the new occupants will be asylum seekers so won't be able to afford a car. It is just the other half, the economic migrants, who will need cars to get to work.
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Martin wrote:...half of the new occupants will be asylum seekers...
What? How do you work that out? What evidence do you have for that assertion?
Martin

Post by Martin »

Evidence?..........I think I read it on a UKIP leaflet before the election. Unfortunately I don't have a copy now as my dog ate it, which is unusual as he usually only likes the LibDem ones.
RichardH

Post by RichardH »

Ha ha ;) Thank goodness you got it from a reliable source, and not a bloke down the pub :D
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

You do wonder, given how keen the Council are for more social housing, why the ones at the bottom of Watton Road have been empty and boarded up for ages.
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

I notice that the trees are now being cut down around the part of the College site now sold for housing. They have even removed the three trees to the front of the
3 storey building - trees that the Council said would stay in place to screen the new block of flats. Such a sad waste - the area will now be starkly denuded for years to come.

The old Arts building is now revealed in all its hideous glory. You could be forgiven for wondering how on earth such a disaster was ever permitted, 45 years ago. Well you know - its easy - because its just been allowed to happen again. Once this carbuncle has been removed, exactly another will be raised in its place - same height, position and again of questionable architectural merit.

In 50 years time the residents of Ware Conurbation will be asking the same question 'Who on earth permitted THAT?? Especially with inadequate parking even for residents, let alone visitors and service vehicles?'

Each of these monstrosities should be named with the identities of those who permitted it. So I name the blot that is about to be raised, to their shame, the Lester Carver building.
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

When they turned down the cinema plans on the basis that they were not in keeping with the buildings opposite they completely ignored the eyesores they had allowed to be put up right next door.
The same is revealed in the Conservation Area consultation. Planning to introduce restrictions on people putting up porches but the biggest detraction from the Conservation Area is the development at the bridge which they allowed.
They also note that there are only two protected trees in the conservation area - whose fault is that?

No one could ever accuse them of being consistent (or indeed having any forward or joined up planning)
Martin

Post by Martin »

WELCOME TO WARE

Can you spot the difference?

A couple of weeks ago:

Now:

Developers.........don't you just love 'em!!
Last edited by Martin on Sun 29 Nov 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martin

Post by Martin »

Haven't spotted the difference yet?..............how about these:

A couple of weeks ago:

Now:

Marvellous things colleges, they get to educate future generations on essential values..........such as greed at other people's expense.