Tudor Square

News and views on shopping in the town.
The Masked Woler

Re: Tudor Square

Post by The Masked Woler »

IGS wrote:
The Masked Woler wrote:
mb1 wrote:If Tudor Square excludes Music and Motors perhaps the Town council could be asked to host it in the parking space immediately in front of the Priory?
Unlikely, August is prime time for Priory bookings so they won't want M&M outside making a row
I'm sure they could manage a Saturday afternoon if needs be.
I would think Saturday afternoons in August is when they certainly wouldn't - weddings.
Mel

Post by Mel »

What about Chauncy? Or even Glaxo?
trev

Post by trev »

Glaxo? Chauncy? What are you suggesting? Hold events on their premises, out of the town centre? What would be the point of that?

As for Dickensian night being too crowded and needing less stalls - it's the stalls in Tudor Square and the crowds that make it so successful! If you don't like crowds, don't come to a local event that is so successful that people flock from miles away to be part of it!

The plans for Tudor Square are absurd, will do nothing to improve the popularity of the location and are a complete waste of McCarthy and Stone's money. Instead of changing the square, perhaps the town council would be better employed arranging more events that make use of it, rather than leaving it up to voluntary groups such as the Ware Town Partnership!
The Masked Woler

Post by The Masked Woler »

trev wrote: As for Dickensian night being too crowded and needing less stalls - it's the stalls in Tudor Square and the crowds that make it so successful! If you don't like crowds, don't come to a local event that is so successful that people flock from miles away to be part of it!
You missed out, you forgot to say I should move.

I didn't say Dickensian night I said TS.

We will just have to differ then, as for not going I usually give TS a miss and haven't spent a penny there for years - you can't get near the stalls to see what they have. They could easily be spread out a bit which is, I understand, a part of the new plan.
p3a

Post by p3a »

I think the new plans look great. It should bring more buisness to the bars & restaurants there.