Dean's Ablaze

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues

Re: Dean's Ablaze

Postby Emagine » Wed 06 Sep 2017 8:13 pm

No worries at all... we've had wonderful support from the whole Ware town community. Sometimes out of tough times the best is bought out in people.
Emagine
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Mon 23 Dec 2013 12:11 pm

Re: Dean's Ablaze

Postby Andrew » Sat 09 Sep 2017 8:05 am

Sadly the warehouse is going to come down. Demolition starts next week.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-41205031
Andrew
 
Posts: 76
Joined: Sat 27 Jul 2002 12:00 am
Location: Ware

Re: Dean's Ablaze

Postby Whereaami » Sat 09 Sep 2017 6:15 pm

so more lovely new flats then.
User avatar
Whereaami
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue 25 Nov 2003 12:00 am
Location: Ware

Re: Dean's Ablaze

Postby Scottman » Sun 10 Sep 2017 10:48 pm

Not necessarily. As someone said on Facebook today - when the Victoria Maltings burned down the planning authority insisted on an industrial unit rebuild in a modern similar style. Surely the Council would exert the same standard this time?
Scottman
 
Posts: 234
Joined: Tue 21 Apr 2009 12:00 am
Location:

Re: Dean's Ablaze

Postby Steve » Mon 11 Sep 2017 1:35 am

Scottman wrote:Not necessarily. As someone said on Facebook today - when the Victoria Maltings burned down the planning authority insisted on an industrial unit rebuild in a modern similar style. Surely the Council would exert the same standard this time?

Quite. I believe It's designated as employment land so anything built on the site would have to reflect that.
User avatar
Steve
 
Posts: 475
Joined: Fri 08 Nov 2013 5:39 pm
Location: Hertford

Re: Dean's Ablaze

Postby Matt40 » Mon 11 Sep 2017 12:12 pm

Quite. I think we all agree there's too many flats in Ware.
Matt40
 
Posts: 266
Joined: Mon 12 Apr 2010 12:00 am
Location: Ware

Re: Dean's Ablaze

Postby The Masked Woler » Wed 13 Sep 2017 6:35 pm

Steve wrote:
Scottman wrote:Not necessarily. As someone said on Facebook today - when the Victoria Maltings burned down the planning authority insisted on an industrial unit rebuild in a modern similar style. Surely the Council would exert the same standard this time?

Quite. I believe It's designated as employment land so anything built on the site would have to reflect that.


Just like Crane Mead then.
The Masked Woler
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Wed 08 Jan 2014 11:52 am

Re: Dean's Ablaze

Postby VicarageRoader » Thu 14 Sep 2017 3:03 pm

I wonder which of these will happen first:

(a) The demolition, rebuilding and full occupation of Grenfell Tower.
or
(b) The reopening of Star Street to traffic.
VicarageRoader
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu 08 Jun 2006 12:00 am
Location: Ware

Re: Dean's Ablaze

Postby Pat-H » Fri 15 Sep 2017 7:27 pm

Matt40 wrote:Quite. I think we all agree there's too many flats in Ware.


How can there be too many flats?

Houses are expensive and take up a lot ground space.

Flats are far more efficient and therefore cheaper.

How are our children ever going to live anywhere nearby?
User avatar
Pat-H
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Thu 19 Apr 2007 12:00 am
Location: Ware

Re: Dean's Ablaze

Postby JCB » Mon 18 Sep 2017 8:54 am

Good theory, doesn't work in practice. Any flats built on this site are more than likely to come with a mooring and a premium price tag - out of the reach of most. Best hope of living nearby - a tent or a camper-van until on wins the lottery
JCB
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue 05 Oct 2010 12:00 am
Location: Ware

PreviousNext

Return to Community

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests