Proposed new Bishops Stortford park

Clubs and societies, neighbourhood and social issues
jasmine98

Proposed new Bishops Stortford park

Post by jasmine98 »

So it is proposed that two million pounds is to be spent on a new park in Bishops Stortford, looks good but surely it is about time some of the wealth of this area is spent on facilities in Ware and Hertford. There is more than one town in East Herts!
Last edited by Steve on Wed 18 Oct 2017 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Typo in subject
JudieT

Re: Proposed new Bishops Stortford park

Post by JudieT »

Yes I thought Bishops Stortford was the only town in East Hertfordshire and neither Hertford nor Ware seem worthy of any interest.
Misguided investment in improving pedestrianised roads where nearly all the shops are empty will not regenerate our dying county town.
Cheaper and improved parking and lower business rates for shops would be a good idea.
Better public toilets, cafe areas and covered spaces in our parks where children could meet and play and learn would be a good idea.
I don't bother going to Hertford or Ware hardly at all now - there's no point, nothing there to interest me anymore and I'm certainly not interested in staying in a Premier Inn hotel and equally I don't see why I should drive all the way over to BS for shopping or leisure activities. There's not much of a bus service either.
I used to love living here with Hertford so close and Ware so full of interesting shops, but it's all gone now. Yes I agree it's not all the councils fault, but they haven't helped.