Commons Debate on West Anglia Trains

For the customers of Greater Anglia and Network Rail
mb1

Commons Debate on West Anglia Trains

Post by mb1 »

http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/? ... isk#g323.0

If you follow the link you will find a short debate on the West Anglia line in which Mark Prisk spoke. He was robust in his defence of the need for improvements to the main line, but didn't speak about our little branch line. The Minister who spoke did mention our line, asserting that we have a much better service than before privatisation when the trains were never punctual.

My memory is that we used to have twice as many trains as now, four each way per hour during the week, and that their punctuality was no worse than it is now. Plus the station was staffed every day and was less run down. But perhaps I'm just looking at it through rose-tinted glasses. No-one came back to the minister in the debate on reliability, punctuality and service levels.

The Minister did talk about line improvements at the southern end of the line, including adding extra tracks, but nothing at our end of the Lea Valley.
Aardvaark

Re: Commons Debate on West Anglia Trains

Post by Aardvaark »

Thaks for the link mb1 - interesting that our MP makes no mention of this half of his consituency but the Harlow MP, Robert Halfor, wonders When his consituents will get the benefits that the people in Ware now have! When he quotes ticket office often closed, no toilets, not much cover in bad weather for shelter etc etc I do wonder what benefits he thinks Ware has. I no longer commute (thank goodness) but still remember fondly the waiting room with the fire lit by station staff in really cold winters.
Mancunian

Post by Mancunian »

I don't know what planet Robert Halfor really is on, Arlow stn got a makeover recently and has a nice little waiting area with screens etc where as we have nothing apart from the little waiting room which isn't always open, they also get more regular trains as well including the new air con one's, our little branch line will never get any new trains or anything as were not that important and it wasn't so long ago it was brought up in a management meeting ( OLD WAGN) where it was mentioned about shutting the line down as it was loss making but it was soon shot down because of the uproar it would produce. ( i know someone who works for them high up)
New Boy

Post by New Boy »

You're not allowed to criticize Mark Prisk on WareOnline. People get very defensive of the failed, minor minister. Other than election time he shows no interest in Ware.