Wengeo Lane and Chauncy field

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
RCR1

Re: Wengeo Lane and Chauncy field

Post by RCR1 »

Re the council sign mentioned at the start of this thread. As it said 500m from the proposed A602 work I thought I would check Trapstyles next time I passed. Sure enough, similar sign by the flats at the end of Trapstyle & mentioning they dont know who owns the land. Bit surprised how much land has unknown ownership
John_D

Post by John_D »

RCR1 wrote:Re the council sign mentioned at the start of this thread. As it said 500m from the proposed A602 work I thought I would check Trapstyles next time I passed. Sure enough, similar sign by the flats at the end of Trapstyle & mentioning they dont know who owns the land. Bit surprised how much land has unknown ownership
I sincerely hope that is not a precursor to making a vehicle through route between The Hyde and Trapstyle Road! :o
John_D

Post by John_D »

I understand that now people that live in the Brickfields have had some sort of official notification about the proposed development and there is a very limited time to send in objections. Can anyone on here post the relevant information?
Again I'm very worried that the road will be opened up between The Hyde and Trapstyle Road for access. This would be a nightmare with people from Glaxo using it as car access to and from work. :evil:
Ian

Post by Ian »

John_D wrote:I understand that now people that live in the Brickfields have had some sort of official notification about the proposed development and there is a very limited time to send in objections. Can anyone on here post the relevant information?
Again I'm very worried that the road will be opened up between The Hyde and Trapstyle Road for access. This would be a nightmare with people from Glaxo using it as car access to and from work. :evil:
The planning application will be available on the East Herts council website when it goes up, you can search for it at http://online.eastherts.gov.uk/swiftlg/ ... ia.display and the weekly listings are http://online.eastherts.gov.uk/swiftlg/ ... nningLists and look at the Applications Registered link. They will give you time to comment and object then.

In advance of that, there is a consultation. The developer is Riversmead working with Chauncy School. I can't find anything specific from Riversmead but I'm sure if you contact them they will be happy to give you details. I've found a website where you can see the plans and comment at http://chauncyschool.com/chauncy-community-partnership/
Steve

Post by Steve »

John_D wrote:I understand that now people that live in the Brickfields have had some sort of official notification about the proposed development and there is a very limited time to send in objections. Can anyone on here post the relevant information?
The statutory consultation period is three weeks.
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Two different applications seem to be getting muddled up here.

The Chauncy application with Riversmead is for houses/flats on the small bit of field behind the pool adjoining Park Road. This will finance a new and very much needed sportshall at the back of Chauncy School, also accessed through Park Road.

There is no suggestion of any kind that this will lead to any new road being opened up and is totally different to the Council's A602 improvement scheme.

There will be a public meeting at Chauncy on November 12 to discuss the housing/sportshall plans.
Ian

Post by Ian »

mb1 wrote:There is no suggestion of any kind that this will lead to any new road being opened up and is totally different to the Council's A602 improvement scheme.
The changes to the A602 are small and there is also no suggestion that any new roads will be opened, in fact the proposed changes don't come anywhere near Wengeo Lane or Chauncy field, which has been reported previously. Just to be clear, the A602 changes closest to the Brickfields are the changes to the A10/A602 roundabout:

http://www.hertsdirect.org/docs/pdf/a/a10juna602.pdf

You can see all the details about the A602 changes at http://www.hertsdirect.org/services/tra ... 6021/spbl/

As to new roads being opened up, there clearly needs be some new roads to serve the houses, but from what I can make out the plans don't seem to affect the surroundings. However I can understand peoples concern as there is precious little detail on the artists impressions unless you have access to more detailed plans?
mb1

Post by mb1 »

there will be a road into the new houses/flats from Park road which will be a cul-de-sac. The school has plans which will be on display at the public meeting. It is anticipated planning permission will be put in for in the new year and at that point everything will be official and fully available.