Amwell tandoori problem

News and views on businesses and commerce in Ware.
Mancunian

Amwell tandoori problem

Post by Mancunian »

Hi all. Just read that Amwell tandoori is currently or just has been raided by immigration police. Good luck if ordering a takeaway from them tonight or out for a meal. They may be a bit short staffed.
kate darcy

Re: Amwell tandoori problem

Post by kate darcy »

http://www.hertfordshiremercury.co.uk/e ... story.html

see the story in Hertfordshire Mercury.
malcmac

Post by malcmac »

I hope it all works out for the restaurant as it's a big favourite of Mrs Mac and I and the guys running and working in the restaurant are fantastic chaps and all very friendly.
Steve

Post by Steve »

malcmac wrote:I hope it all works out for the restaurant as it's a big favourite of Mrs Mac and I and the guys running and working in the restaurant are fantastic chaps and all very friendly.
Unless they can explain how they happened to be employing people who were not entitled to be in the country, they're facing a fine of up to £80,000.
Matt40

Post by Matt40 »

I found this out through two sources, the other being 'spotted in ware'. I cannot believe how nasty 'spotted' can become with topics involving immigration etc whereas this forum sticks to the relevant bits.
Mel

Post by Mel »

According to the Mercury 3 have been arrested awaiting deportation for overstaying student/visitor permits and one has been released pending arrangements to deport him aka disappearing into the night!

Agree about 'spotted' some of the posts are awful.
VicarageRoader

Post by VicarageRoader »

Matt40 wrote:I found this out through two sources, the other being 'spotted in ware'. I cannot believe how nasty 'spotted' can become with topics involving immigration etc whereas this forum sticks to the relevant bits.
Sadly, social media makes it very easy for the ill educated knuckle draggers to express their prejudices.