Police & Crime Commissioner Election 2016

Comment on policing and law & order issues

Will you be voting in the PCC Election 2016?

Yes
20%
No
67%
Undecided
13%

Total votes: 15

Steve

Police & Crime Commissioner Election 2016

Post by Steve »

Election of a Police & Crime Commissioner for Hertfordshire takes place on Thursday 5th May 2016.

Will you be voting?
John_D

Re: Police & Crime Commissioner Election 2016

Post by John_D »

Perhaps I've missed it, but I've seen no information published about the potential candidates? :(
Ian

Post by Ian »

Thanks for that Steve, a polling card was delivered and I assumed it was for the referendum, but I shall check that out now. There has been no bumpf put through the door and I've not seen anything else about this (though I don't buy the Mercury so wouldn't have seen it there and we have no free papers these days). Seems to be as well publicised as the Ware Town Council public meetings :o
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Be nice if one voting option was to remove this un-needed role and revert to what we had before.
Spring Viewer

Post by Spring Viewer »

Here's a bit of info regarding the Herts PCC Elections.

https://www.choosemypcc.org.uk/area/hertfordshire
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

I always vote in elections, so I will vote in this one. However, I agree that it is a waste of money, along with many other things that this government has introduced.
IGS

Post by IGS »

Ian wrote:Thanks for that Steve, a polling card was delivered and I assumed it was for the referendum, but I shall check that out now. There has been no bumpf put through the door and I've not seen anything else about this (though I don't buy the Mercury so wouldn't have seen it there and we have no free papers these days). Seems to be as well publicised as the Ware Town Council public meetings :o
The polling card is for the PCC election and I presume the one for the referendum will come through after that.
"Bumf" has been printed but then who is going to deliver it? I've already refused to as I also agree that the person who is in charge of the police should not be politicised.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Went and cast our votes.
But why do we need political Commissioners? Why are politics involved?
Makes no sense.
Whereaami

Post by Whereaami »

I see from twitter the east herts turnout was only 19.16%, What a waste of time and money......
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

I'm thinking I may stand next time.

A non political option with a remit to do absolutely nothing in the role expect use the position to champion the removal of the role.

If I was elected that would send a clear message. Now what to do with the salary...

And the reason it can only really be a political appointment is of course the £5K deposit which you loose if you fail to get 5% of the vote.