Draft District Plan

What do you think about the quality and pace of housing development in Ware?
Martin

Draft District Plan

Post by Martin »

WareOnliners may be interested to read the East Herts Draft District Plan that will be the subject of a meeting on Tuesday 16th January of the District Planning Executive Panel.

If you look at Chapter 9 you will see that the preferred options include between 200 and 3000 houses being built on Green Belt land to the north and East of Ware.

http://online.eastherts.gov.uk/moderngo ... 01.pdf?T=9
Byronsnr

Re: Draft District Plan

Post by Byronsnr »

Following a freedom of info request to East Herts on the 3k they were unable to give a definitive breakdown of the proposed type of dwellings = sounds like a "wet-finger"
projection to me !
Littlejon

Post by Littlejon »

Typically, one of the pictures of Ware is actually Parliament Square in Hertford.
helen.m

Post by helen.m »

Looks like we will all be living in London eventually!!

East herts seem determined to join all our towns together. Then they state that there is a lack of accessible green space- there will be!!

In Ware, the most used leisure facility is the towpath between Hertford and Ware, it is accessible to all residents of both towns!!

I do hope no one was paid to produce this. :lol:
Steve

Post by Steve »

helen.m wrote:Looks like we will all be living in London eventually!!

East herts seem determined to join all our towns together.
I'm not sure how you arrive at that conclusion. The areas highlighted for new housing are to the north and east of Ware, ie the opposite directions to Hertford and London. This is possibly bad news for the rugby club.
John_D

Post by John_D »

Martin wrote:WareOnliners may be interested to read the East Herts Draft District Plan that will be the subject of a meeting on Tuesday 16th January of the District Planning Executive Panel.

If you look at Chapter 9 you will see that the preferred options include between 200 and 3000 houses being built on Green Belt land to the north and East of Ware.

http://online.eastherts.gov.uk/moderngo ... 01.pdf?T=9
Just to point out the 16th is a Thursday. :? Is the meeting on THURSDAY 16th Jan or TUESDAY 14th Jan ?
Martin

Post by Martin »

Sorry, the meeting will be held on Thursday 16th January
JudieT

Post by JudieT »

I found this after a quick google
http://www.sworders-agri.co.uk/properti ... tml?id=373
good pictures, maps and information of the land up for development.
Routing of the northern road linking the B1004 to the A10 will be interesting - wonder if it will go through the gardens at Fanhams Hall?
John_D

Post by John_D »

Looking through the East herts draft plan linked in the first post I was I suppose not surprised to see that they managed to show a picture of the Hertford War Memorial as one of the typical views of Ware on the introduction page of Chapter 9(Ware) :roll: Makes you wonder what else in that report is accurate :? Image
Steve

Post by Steve »

John_D wrote:Looking through the East herts draft plan linked in the first post I was I suppose not surprised to see that they managed to show a picture of the Hertford War Memorial as one of the typical views of Ware on the introduction page of Chapter 9(Ware) :roll: Makes you wonder what else in that report is accurate :?
This is mentioned six posts above. Makes you wonder what other posts you haven't read ;)