Air to air heat exchangers

News and views on businesses and commerce in Ware.
Scottman

Air to air heat exchangers

Post by Scottman »

It seems these are the next new must-have thing, after wall insulation and solar panels and the like.

It can't be a co-incidence that I have had two unsolicited phone calls from different companies in the last couple of days ...

Just for the record, does anyone on WoL know anything about these, and are they of any use or value?
MJ_Game

Re: Air to air heat exchangers

Post by MJ_Game »

Air to Air heat exchangers? We talking Air source heat pumps i presume? as opposed to heat recovery systems. Most ASHP systems in the uk are air to water. Air to air would be similar to a air conditioning unit working in reverse.
Andy B

Post by Andy B »

There's quite a lot of these sort of systems out here in NZ and if you have a log burner there are systems that transfer the warmed air to other rooms via a fan system.

This may help. Air to air heat exchangers
MJ_Game

Post by MJ_Game »

cant think why anyone would be cold calling selling heat recovery. Its not really feasible for retrofit, its a new build thing tied in usually with sealing up houses like passivhaus etc... I would imagine any cold calling would be selling air to water heat pumps especially as the new RHI tariffs were announced last month.