Rush Green bridge repairs

Your views on traffic and parking in the town
Mancunian

Re: Rush Green bridge repairs

Post by Mancunian »

I thought the roadworks were only shutting it late at night !!
Steve

Post by Steve »

Mancunian wrote:I thought the roadworks were only shutting it late at night !!
As per the link provided earlier:

"This will require a full weekend closure over both bridges until Monday 11th January. A diversion route will be clearly sign posted for those affected. Another weekend closures will take place from January 15th 2016."

"This essential work requires the use of scaffolding, so we have to have the roadworks (lane closures) in place at peak times and at night. Many of the works required involve noisy operations that run for a prolonged time. Based on the duration of these works it was not considered acceptable that they should run through the night due to the proximity of local residences. However essential works have been identified were they will need to be carried out at night and a series of night closures for these works have been planned. "
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Not sure if this will be changed before Monday but the current arrangement at Rushgreen is:

Traffic is able to flow north and south along the A10.

Traffic can't leave the A10 heading south on to the roundabout.

Traffic can leave the A10 going north and can take the B1502 south. the A414 West, the B1502 north, visit McDonalds, or join the A10 north.

So currently the Rush green round about is closed just past the A10 heading north exit all the way round to just before the A10 entry from the South.

Coupled with the road works outside the Sainsbury express this morning which gridlocked the town it proved an interesting time working out routes that had flowing traffic!
Scottman

Post by Scottman »

Just to add to Pat-H's post - the one third of the roundabout that is open (ie west of the two bridges that form its centre) is bollarded off to single file traffic. However the petrol station and McDonalds are still open, so I can confidently predict that the usual tail back of traffic out onto the roundabout will effectively close the A10 access northbound sliproad for hours at a time.

Unless 'someone' does 'something intelligent' about that tailback problem.....
mb1

Post by mb1 »

Herts Highways say there will be lane closures in place both north and southbound on the A10 starting this week, which would be a change from the situation I saw this weekend. The flow of traffic down Watton Road has been very heavy this weekend, much more so than normal.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Do we know if A10 traffic will be diverted off the A10 at Ware South and Ware North?
Or will they make all traffic come off the A10 up and then back down onto the A10 via each side of the Rushgreen roundabout?
Whereaami

Post by Whereaami »

There are no diversions this morning and the roundabout is fully open. Be carefui if using the 2nd lane on the roundabout just after the slip road from Ware as there is a fair amount of standing water there.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

Yes very frustrating. Having avoid the Ware north A10 route to go South and taken the Ware South entry to the A10 I wasn't happy to see traffic flowing freely from the North. 15 mins extra on my journey.
So what happens tomorrow? If I try and head South on the A10 from the Ware North junction will the route be diverted or not?
Alec

Post by Alec »

Pat-H wrote:Yes very frustrating. Having avoid the Ware north A10 route to go South and taken the Ware South entry to the A10 I wasn't happy to see traffic flowing freely from the North. 15 mins extra on my journey.
So what happens tomorrow? If I try and head South on the A10 from the Ware North junction will the route be diverted or not?
Hmm, not sure why you'd have done that, as the A10 isn't due to be closed during these works, other than single lane closures 18/19 Jan. The main impact of this work is on the Rush Green roundabout itself, anything else is just going to be heavier traffic elsewhere from people avoiding the area.

Well worth reading http://www.hertsdirect.org/docs/pdf/r/rushgrnfaq.pdf, though you do have to read it all a couple of times to get it, I think.
Pat-H

Post by Pat-H »

I was working from MB1s post earlier

"Herts Highways say there will be lane closures in place both north and southbound on the A10 starting this week, which would be a change from the situation I saw this weekend. The flow of traffic down Watton Road has been very heavy this weekend, much more so than normal."

So was expecting the A10 to be closed. But the pdf makes it clear that there are only the 2 full closures at night and the rest of the time a one lane restriction.